Saturday, April 26, 2008

More Lessons....

Bill and I just finished our foster parent training requirement for Bethany. It ended up being an amazing experience in so many ways. For one, we were surrounded by people with the same beliefs that wanted to adopt a child like we did. Although we were all in the class for different reasons, we were united in our values and purpose. During the past 4 weeks, we also had the opportunity to really see all sides of the adoption process. I think so often I think about things being as simple as Bill and I finally having a precious baby but it isn't that simple. We were able to witness the testimonies of not only birth mothers but also grown up adopted children. It was eye opening to see all the realities of adoption and not only the idealism of it all. I feel that the whole experience is more real and we are in fact going to one day have a baby! This isn't just a dream...it's a reality! More to come soon...

No comments: